Pages

Popular Posts

Saturday 18 August 2012

Childhood indications

So, this morning I was thinking about things I did as a kid which were maybe indicators to ASD. I know my mother took me to the doctor due to my behaviour but that was,well before aspergers was accepted as a condition by the NHS.

I know I have an obsessive personality and have for years avoided things on tv that would suck me into pointlessly enforced routines e.g. soaps but with other things I get so into them that I find it hard to do anything else with my spare time.  I remember becoming so obsessed by football stickers that I stole money from my parents to try to complete the collection. I couldn't explain why it was so important to me.

I also remember doing really antisocial things that even at the age of 10 or so were gross e.g. getting into trouble at school for making people sniff my fingers after I put them up my bum. I don't know whether its related but I'm also terrifically repressed and find it hard to talk about things like that. This is the first time I have talked or written of that incident and it still makes me feel awkward.

I know its going to take a long time to get my head around all of this but I have been able to talk to my wife about things that bothered her or me in light of this and its going to help us both. Apparently I walk away in the middle of conversations and it bothers her. I didn't know I did it but its common apparently, so I'm standardly abnormal at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment